What We Do
“A society in which all young people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.”
The Paul Canoville Foundation aims to address issues of the rising inequalities and mental illness in youth. We work with youth in the UK and abroad to unlock their potential and help them discover their unique purpose through the delivery of sporting, recreational and other leisure activities.
PCF promotes cohesion and encourages young people to celebrate excellence. Based on the principals of the Five Ways to Wellbeing, our programmes encourage good physical and emotional wellbeing among young people, whilst offering them opportunities to develop skills, experience and promoting their self-esteem and resilience.
At PCF we aim to fully understand the young people who join our programmes and focus on the development of the individual via traditional and non-traditional educational programmes. By stimulating challenge in a controlled but adventurous environment we aim to provide:
- An opportunity for Personal and Social Development
- A positive and rewarding experience
- Lifelong learning skills
- A raised level of self-esteem and confidence through activities that encourage success
- Development in self-discipline and character
- Lasting relationships based on mutual trust and understanding
- Social awareness of peers and adults by working together in an open and honest way
- An opportunity to broaden and enrich the lives of young people and community from all walks of life and faiths.
It is important for the Paul Canoville Foundation’s approach and activities to be guided by the values that define our institution. Every board and staff member at PCF lives the values of the foundation as we work together to deliver on our mission and work towards our vision.
Youth Focused – We place the rights and needs of children and young people at the centre of our decision making processes
Transparent – We are honest with everyone we work with – open, transparent and accountable.
Adaptable – We are resourceful in our approach, adaptable and responsive to different needs and demands whether it be during fundraising or in our project work.
Partnership Working – We are passionate about people, working in partnership for fundraising and programme work, developing close relationships based on mutual respect and trust.